From: Mike (mike.dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-10-26 10:17:13

> Gesendet: Montag, 26. Oktober 2020 um 10:37 Uhr
> Von: "Mateusz Loskot via Boost" <boost_at_[hidden]>
>

> Could anyone help us validate and confirm that
> it's a good plan or are we overlooking any policies
> from Boost's release perspective?

Just a general comment from the perspective of a user
(that is a user of boost in general, not boost-gil specifically).
Part of declaring c++XX support deprecated should also be
listing the concrete compilers whose support you are
deprecating.
E.g. I think the first c++17 bits have been implemented in
gcc 6 and gcc 7 had mostly complete support, but it took
till gcc 9 before the standard library gained support for pmr
and to_chars is - to the bestof my knowledge - still not
implemented for floating point types even in g++-10/11.

Best regards

Mike