From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-11-27 12:26:04

On 27/11/2020 12:19, Vinnie Falco via Boost wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 12:58 AM Antony Polukhin via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> asio 18 -> 3?
>> beast 19 -> 4?
>
> Beast depends on Asio, so you will have to convince Christopher
> Kohlhoff to go along with this idea for Asio.

It is one of those rare occasions that I agree with Vinnie.

If I were Chris K, I'd respond "If you want to use Boost.ASIO with the
standard C++ library, please go use Standalone ASIO. Boost.ASIO is
specifically ASIO targeting Boost".

I have that exact opinion regarding Outcome, incidentally, though I made
it a bit easier to bash Boost.Outcome with a stick into 100% not using
Boost than Chris K has with ASIO (which BTW is also possible, in theory).

Niall