From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-11-29 19:54:32

On 2020-11-29, Raffi Enficiaud wrote:
> 0/ For the discussions I am all for it, but I would absolutely not try
> to gather consensus. Because there won't be.

You definitely don't need consensus. You are free to drop C++03 and
C++11 and C++14 support from Boost.Test whenever you want.

We've been steadily migrating Boost libraries away from using
Boost.Test to using Boost.LightweightTest for various reasons. (And
have plans to migrate a few more to Boost.LightweightTest by Boost
1.76)

So you can decide to require C++17 or higher for Boost.Test and not
have to worry about other Boost libraries. We'll make sure their tests
are still working by moving them to LWT.

Just give us some warning, before you drop any support. :)

Glen