From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-11-29 20:13:40

W dniu 29.11.2020 o 20:08, Glen Fernandes pisze:
> On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 2:01 PM Adam Wulkiewicz wrote:
>> W dniu 27.11.2020 o 00:53, Adam Wulkiewicz pisze:
>>> I'd like to merge the following bugfixes and workarounds:
>>> https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/compare/master...awulkiew:master-include-only
>>>

>> This is a part of the change I plan to merge. It only contains files
>> from include directory. I extracted it for your convenience. I also plan
>> to update tests and documentation but it's not required to ask for
>> permission in this case. I pushed it to my repository instead of
>> boostorg submodule to not introduce this temporary branch into the main
>> repo.
> These look like a lot of changes, and not all of them are new since
> the beta release. (i.e. As if they should have been merged to master
> before the beta but were forgotten). How much are fixes versus new
> features that could wait until 1.76?
All of them are bugfixes or workarounds. They were not merged sooner
because the corresponding PRs were merged into develop after beta since
they had to be reviewed. Look at the dates of "Merge pull request ..."
commits.

Technically this commit
(https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/commit/dbd0bb62dfce31caea5275085bf63e86d605783c)
introduces new, optional trait but without it there is a breaking change
and I prefer to avoid releasing it as it is. After waiting long for
reviews I briefly moved it to 1.76 but I went back to this breaking
change while working on workarounds for Clang and assessed that the
issue is potentially worse than I initially thought (see:
https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/pull/747).

This bugfix could wait
https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/commit/42bd7cfe95c079aabb3c3357edf370d75efe7867
but it looks harmless to me.