From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-12-13 01:16:23

On 12/11/2020 10:00 PM, Glen Fernandes via Boost wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 9:52 PM Edward Diener via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>>> Yes, it should.
>>> https://github.com/boostorg/boost/commit/45cf0c146e0b57a1984452bfdff84245547343e5
>>>
>>> I'll see if we can still get it into this release.
>>
>> This was never fixed in the 1.75 release.
>
> That's because 5th december was too late to merge to master to get it
> into the release.
>
>> I do not mean this as a criticism, since I know how hard the release
>> managers have worked to get this release out. But can we perhaps get the
>> Boost Build link to actually point to the Boost.Build documentation when
>> we release Boost,
>
> If you're part of "we", you are free to submit pull requests to fix
> any issue in any part of Boost (website, documentation, etc.). This is
> how "we" fix anything.
>
> The link above was broken by a maintainer of Boost.Build when they
> moved the documentation from one place to a new place. Did you try
> contacting this maintainer asking them to fix it?

I submitted a PR (https://github.com/boostorg/build/pull/683) in
Boost.Build to fix the issue.

I also created an issue for the HOF doc, if the HOF maintainer wants to
fix it so that the getting the doc is not a two-step process of clicking
an extra index.html link.

The final issue was that the index.html for the release showed 1.74
rather than 1.75. This seems to be generated from some sort of template
where '{{version}}' is supposed to be plugged in by the correct version,
but evidently did not work properly. Maybe someone who knows how this is
supposed to work, but evidently did not, can look at it.