From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-01-06 19:33:38

On 1/6/2021 2:00 PM, Donovan Dikaio via Boost wrote:
> The updates to show "C++ standard minimum level" is just live here:
> https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/master/

Excellent !

Ideally if there is no 'cxxstd' json value, I think the "C++ standard
minimum level" should say '03' rather than be left out completely. This
will be incorrect for those libraries who have not yet merged the
'development' branch change for 'cxxstd' into 'master' yet. But once
these libraries merge the change into their 'master' branch the correct
"C++ standard minimum level" would then be shown for all libraries, and
all libraries would have a "C++ standard minimum level" displayed, which
I think is more consistent with what end-users would want to see. Yes, I
could have created PRs for all the Boost C++03 minimum standard
libraries also, like Alexander Grund suggested, but I thought that was
too much work creating some 110 PRs or so for those libraries, so I only
updated the libraries I maintained with a "cxxstd": "03" values.

For the beta website we should probably use the 'develop' branch
'libraries.json' values for each library, and this would correctly show
right now the correct "C++ standard minimum level" for those 25
libraries which have updated my PRs on their 'develop' branch for
'cxxstd'. But I understand that you have had problems getting the beta
website to integrate your changes in its display.