From: René Ferdinand Rivera Morell (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-01-06 19:41:39

On Wed, Jan 6, 2021 at 1:34 PM Edward Diener via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 1/6/2021 2:00 PM, Donovan Dikaio via Boost wrote:
> > The updates to show "C++ standard minimum level" is just live here:
> > https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/master/
>
> Excellent !
>
> Ideally if there is no 'cxxstd' json value, I think the "C++ standard
> minimum level" should say '03' rather than be left out completely. This
> will be incorrect for those libraries who have not yet merged the
> 'development' branch change for 'cxxstd' into 'master' yet. But once
> these libraries merge the change into their 'master' branch the correct
> "C++ standard minimum level" would then be shown for all libraries, and
> all libraries would have a "C++ standard minimum level" displayed, which
> I think is more consistent with what end-users would want to see.

Please do not do this. It would subvert the possible intent of libraries
that do not wish to peg themselves at a particular C++ level. It would also
likely show incorrrect information for the libraries that could be C++98
and have not gotten around to adding this field to reflect it as such.

--
-- René Ferdinand Rivera Morell
-- Don't Assume Anything  -- No Supone Nada