From: Richard Hodges (hodges.r_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-03-09 21:44:59

On Tue, 9 Mar 2021 at 22:32, Jupiter via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed almost all boost libraries to a Ubuntu 18.04 machine to
> run services, but I could not find which Ubuntu boost package includes
> beast, I looked at Internet comments that the cmake seems only working
> for Windows, how can I build beast in Ubuntu if the beast is not
> available in any ubuntu boost packages? Also, appreciate links to
> download breast samples.

The CMake script in boost is there for the benefit of the maintainers and
should not at present be seen as part of the delivered product.

Beast does not need compilation as it is a header-only library.

One way to get the entire boost library (including Boost.Beast), ready
built is

$ sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev

Another is to download the latest source release from the boost.org website:
 https://www.boost.org/users/history/version_1_75_0.html

Then you can build and install as much of boost as you need.

https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_75_0/more/getting_started/index.html

Boost.Beast depends on Boost.Asio and therefore Boost.System and possibly
Boost.Thread.
Asio is header-only as well.

Because Boost.Beast is header-only, it will be available as long as your
Boost header path is on the include path list during compilation.