From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-03-16 20:14:56

On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 3:17 AM Niall Douglas via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Something not appreciated outside the committee is that both the library
> proposer(s), and their experienced users, often also want substantial
> refactoring after their empirical experience. It makes sense to make use
> of that experience rather than ignoring it.

You're saying that the committee is involved in careful and
thoughtful innovation, which "we" should appreciate more. I'm saying that
the committee should not innovate, it should merely observe the fact that a
given library has established itself as the defacto standard in a given
domain, then rubber-stamp it in the standard without changes.