From: Hans Dembinski (hans.dembinski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-03-17 11:07:35

> On 3/16/21 11:24 PM, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:
> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy.
> See <https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Releases%3A-Beta-Merge-Policy>
> Reminder: The master branch closes for the release on Wednesday, Apr 7.
> Full calendar here: https://www.boost.org/development/ <https://www.boost.org/development/>

I would like to merge critical fixes implemented in Boost.Histogram develop to master:

https://github.com/boostorg/histogram/compare/master...develop

The change:

`accumulators::mean` and `accumulators::weighted_mean` now compute the correct variance when `operator+=` is called, for example, when histograms with accumulators are added; this was wrong before leading to too small variances

Unit tests were rewritten to catch this error and do have a more clear structure. Comments were added to code and some doxygen strings fixed. CI tests have passed.

Best regards,
Hans