From: Luigi Ballabio (luigi.ballabio_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-03-24 07:25:14

Hello,
    I'm afraid I don't have a minimal example yet, but I thought I'd give
you a heads-up in case it rings a bell.

I've been trying the Boost 1.76 beta to build a library I'm maintaining.
The library builds, but when I link it to an executable I'm getting an
"undefined reference to `bool boost::math::isnan<long double>(long
double)". Everything works with 1.75 and earlier. My code is not using
boost::math::isnan directly, so I'm guessing some other included boost
component is forward-declaring it or doing something similar?

The linking error disappears if I
include <boost/math/special_functions/fpclassify.hpp> in a config file that
is included by every file in the library. Today I'll try to pinpoint the
problem by removing it there and including it before specific boost headers
in the source files, but as I said, I'm posting this in case someone
already has an idea about the underlying issue.

Thanks,
    Luigi