From: George Nistor (georgenistor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-03-31 09:57:35

Hi all,

I am having a problem with the following error message '' The descriptor does not fit into the select call's fd_set"

The setup I have is

QNX , VSomeIP lib (socket abstractisation lib) , lib Boost 1.61 (a very old version)
I get the error in this lib VSomeIp from the bellow boost call.

The call to boost::asio::async_write(3 params) gives the above error message.

I have tried to see also on QNX with > pidin -p vsomeip fds
How many open file descriptor do I have and I got value 123.

As far as I know there is a limitation 1024 of open file descriptors.

Could you provide some help?
Does the latest boost lib solve this particular case?

I appreciate any suggestion,
Also please say if any info is missing
Thanks

George Nistor