From: Kowndinya Renduchintala (rharisrikowndinya333_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-04-08 20:13:52

   Hello everyone!

   I am Kowndinya Renduchintala, a second Year Undergrad in Computer
   Science and Engineering Department at Indian Institute of Technology
   Bombay(IIT Bombay).

   TO THE COMMUNITY:

   In short, this project’s end goal is to add to the dataframe
   implementation of GSoC’19, inspired from R, Python and others. This
   already has features like constructing a column of data frame, the data
   frame itself in a couple of ways and also supports operations like
   select, join etc. My main focus is on adding features that are most
   desired by a data scientist working with REAL WORLD data and I have
   added some such possible features in the draft linked below.

   I have never been into Open Source Software Development before. I would
   like to make this first attempt of mine a success and I hence seek for
   advice from anyone willing to spare time, to improve upon my list of
   deliverables, for establishing the foundation of Boost.uBlas as a new
   data science library.

   TO THE MENTOR(David):
   My progress so far: I have glanced through the GSoC’19 implementation,
   and referred to some pandas docs to make this draft.
   I am actually a bit worried because I was too late at completing my
   Competency test and contacting you, the main reason being a very hectic
   coursework of mine. The only remaining things are – Modifying the
   README.md for GitHub Actions Usage and some basic error handling in the
   code. I have shared the draft in the Google’s portal which also
   contains a link to my forked repository of ublas, containing my
   solutions to the competency test. I will also be completing the
   remaining things(possibly also improve small parts like updating naïve
   matrix multiplication to Strassen’s) in about 2 days.

   Also, I want to have a little chat with you as I found out that you
   were the mentor for this project in 2019 and you might be having some
   pre-conceived ideas on improving the current implementation, from your

   Please let me know what you think…

   Here is the link to my proposal draft :
   https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cnSrrOWfbteJKlmGxiIY9R5H_-YSkb-n/view?
   usp=sharing