From: Christopher Kormanyos (e_float_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-04-11 07:58:29

 Dear Giannis,
I find your proposal very good, showingclear understanding of the topic, a realistictimeline and presents you overall asa very competent and confident candidate.
Good job.
Optionally...
You might consider in the first paragraphof Chapter 2 in your proposal, you mentionthe characteristics of QD. In the secondparagraph, you also mention benching it.I think in the first paragraph, you couldpotentially mention that QD is expectedto offer higher performance in its digitrange than existing Boost.Multiprecisionbackends in this digit range.
Kind regards, Christopher Kormanyos

    On Saturday, April 10, 2021, 11:04:23 PM GMT+2, Γιάννης Γονιδέλης <gonidelis_at_[hidden]> wrote:

 #yiv4508309137 P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}> Dear Giannis,>
> Thank you for your query and your> interest in "provide quad-double".>
> The project is open. You are right on time!>
> I would be the mentor (Christopher Kormanyos).> At the moment, I have two potential projects.> I will, however, have time to mentor just 1 of> them, either this one or the FFT proj.>> I strongly encourage you, if your schedule> allows, to submit your proposal and try.>
Thank you for the information! I have submitted my Draft Proposal to the GSoC portal where I fully explain my implementation schedule and my C++ background. Please, feel free to comment and make suggestions. It would help a lot in order to form my final proposal.
> Kind regards, Chris
Regards,Giannis Gonidelis