From: Fahad Syed (sydfhd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-04-09 18:21:55

   Greetings,

   My name is Syed Fahad, and I am a Electrical Engineering undergraduate
   student at National Institute of Technology, Srinagar.

   I have outlined a proposal for implementation of a new quad-double type
   based on David Bailey’s QD package. So the plan outline is to initially
   implement quad-double and double-double types as a wrapper around the
   QD packages qd_real and dd_real classes, and write the testing and
   benchmarking routines. Eventually, write a generic multiple-double
   class from scratch using the same algorithms as QD, and remove
   dependency on external libraries wherever possible.

   I would be very interested in feedback, questions, and comments. I am
   looking for supervisors/mentors to undertake this project as part of
   GSoC 2021.

   Apologies for the apparently late proposal submission. The link to my
   proposal is:
   https://docs.google.com/document/d/10_y6bMk8YkBXXZk5iZr4zJafBwsmJI910Tl
   K8mDYa80/edit?usp=sharing

   Best,