From: Bjorn Reese (breese_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-05-02 12:32:46

On 2021-05-01 00:55, Jeff Garland via Boost wrote:

> Every year at the end of the session, I solicit ideas from the community
> about what 'library' we should work on in the following year. One

Boost.Tokenizer could do with a modernization. It generates a lot of
code for even simple tokenizations, which makes it unsuitable for
embedded devices. Some issues to consider:

   * Separate the browsing API from the conversion API.
   ** The browsing API should use string_view.
   ** The conversion API should use output buffers instead of returing
      a string.
   * Provide an API with narrow contracts
   * Provide a constexpr API.