From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-05-04 17:02:20
On 04/05/2021 16:19, Jeff Garland via Boost wrote:
> I'm curious how this was done. Is there still a connection to the
> boost.core that's pulled into the standalone or does it completely remove
> all ties? If there's a set of issues or pull requests would be curious to
> dig into the details -- because I'd like to do something similar of course.
Effectively we have 2 separate modes:
* With Boost, which pulls in Config and few other core libraries.
* Without any Boost (detected via __has_include see
https://github.com/boostorg/math/pull/612/files) which assumes a fully
compliant C++11 compiler.
It's hard to point to a single set of diffs - there was first of all a
fair bit of work from Matt Borland to remove all traces of C++03
support.Â After that it turns out that there wasn't actually all that
much left in terms of dependencies.
Some other key PR's:
* Addition of standalone tests:
https://github.com/boostorg/math/pull/606%c2 (note these actually
conflicted with root CMake - there are some later fixes for that somewhere).
* Main standalone completion: https://github.com/boostorg/math/pull/597
* Remove core dependencies: https://github.com/boostorg/math/pull/589
* Remove Integer dependencies: https://github.com/boostorg/math/pull/588
* Conditionally remove Config: https://github.com/boostorg/math/pull/583
* Predef removal: https://github.com/boostorg/math/pull/582
* Remove throw_exception dependency:
* Remove type_traits dependency: https://github.com/boostorg/math/pull/576
* Boost.Assert: https://github.com/boostorg/math/pull/570
* Boost.Range: https://github.com/boostorg/math/pull/569
* Lambda: https://github.com/boostorg/math/pull/568
* smart_ptr: https://github.com/boostorg/math/pull/567
* Boost.Array: https://github.com/boostorg/math/pull/565
* Atomic: https://github.com/boostorg/math/pull/563
* Algorithm: https://github.com/boostorg/math/pull/563
There are others if you care to look, in particular mpl removal took a
look of PR's on it's own!
-- This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software. https://www.avast.com/antivirus
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk