From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-05-06 18:31:38

Rene Ferdinand Rivera Morell wrote:
> It's now been at least a year since Boost switched from the Software
> Freedom Conservancy to the Boost Foundation for its governance
> organization. But have people noticed any difference? Did you know that
> switch happened? Did you know that they held an election for the Board of
> Directors and for the Officers? Do you know when that election happened? Do
> you know who got elected? Do you know how they were selected? Do you know
> what their responsibilities are? Do you know what their bylaws are? Do you
> know their financials?

Honesty, the fact that the ex Steering Committee and now Foundation Board
of Directors has a Google Sites web page, and Google Groups mailing list,
not something at boost.org, made me think originally that it was either
a scam/fake or something left over from pre-history before the boost.org
domain was registered.

I do now understand that is is a real thing (there is a link to the Google
Sites web page from boost.org, in the sidebar under "community", which still
says "Steering Committee" not "Foundation"). I don't know what the rationale
for not using boost.org is. Maybe there is a belief that people on this
list and/or the -users and -announce lists don't want to be bothered
about what
the committee/board are doing? If that's the case, I would say that it
is not
well-founded; at the least, the -announce list should be used to announce
things like elections, and the bylaws (i.e. election process) should be
available to read somewhere.

I note that the Google Sites web page says that "You can make a request of
the Board at any time through the *public* email list available
_here_", but
the link leads to a *private* Google Groups page. The old Steering Committee
Google Groups page was public.

Regards, Phil.