From: René Ferdinand Rivera Morell (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-05-06 19:23:35

On Thu, May 6, 2021 at 12:26 PM Glen Fernandes via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Rene wrote:
> > It's now been at least a year since Boost switched from the Software
> Freedom Conservancy to the Boost Foundation for its governance
> organization.
>
> 13:14 <glenfe> @grafikrobot The Software Freedom Conservancy never
> governed the Boost C++ Libraries, nor did the Boost Steering
> committee, nor does the Boost Foundation. Only the Boost community
> does that.
> 13:15 <grafikrobot> Hopefully you'll clarify that on the dev list.
>

> i.e. The "Boost Steering Committee"[1] became "Boost Foundation"[2].
>
> [1] https://sites.google.com/a/boost.org/steering/home
> [2] https://sites.google.com/a/boost.org/steering/boost-foundation
>
> It still deals with the C++Now conference, providing the mailing
> lists, hosting, etc. But any decision making and governance of the
> Boost libraries is still the domain of the Boost community (i.e. you,
> me, and the other Boost library authors and maintainers).

How does that reconcile with the statement of purpose on the web site:

* The role of the Board is to be able to commit the organization to
specific action either where funds are required or where consensus cannot
be reached, but a decision must be made. *

That, at minimum, implies some form of control and hence governance.

--
-- René Ferdinand Rivera Morell
-- Don't Assume Anything  -- No Supone Nada