From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-05-18 07:44:31

On Tue, 18 May 2021 at 09:22, Dominique Devienne via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 1:01 AM Mateusz Loskot via Boost <
> boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> > - Only Charter Members can vote for proposals acting
> > as individuals according to their individual point-of-view,
> > wearing their personal hat for the best interest of the Boost.
> >

> Anyone should be able to vote. Those "other" votes are just non-binding,
> but are still tallied. To show the wider community's opinion(s).

Well, proposals are put for review/discussion and that period is to
gather opinions and general sentiment.
The other votes usually generate noise.

> At least that's how it works in the Apache (Java) OSS community. --DD

What I described is what I'm experienced with as from the working
with projects under the umbrella of the OSGeo Foundation,
where only Charter Members can vote.
(There is a difference in who is a CM though).

Best regards,