From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-05-18 07:49:38

On Tue, 18 May 2021 at 09:41, Hans Dembinski via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > On 18. May 2021, at 09:22, Dominique Devienne via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 1:01 AM Mateusz Loskot via Boost <
> > boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> >> - Only Charter Members can vote for proposals acting
> >> as individuals according to their individual point-of-view,
> >> wearing their personal hat for the best interest of the Boost.
> >>

> > Anyone should be able to vote. Those "other" votes are just non-binding,
> > but are still tallied. To show the wider community's opinion(s).
> >
> > At least that's how it works in the Apache (Java) OSS community. --DD
>
> It is also how we review new library contributions.

In the idea sketched up earlier, I deliberately consider library review
a significantly different process from making project-wide strategic
decisions. An author can show up on the list out of blue and
propose a library, collect support and submit for review. It is possible
because libraries are reviewed purely based on technical merit.

That is different, I think.

Disclaimer:
I'm not defending my proposal, which I aimed to keep brief.
I'm only offering some further clarification.

Best regards,