From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-05-28 09:42:28

>> How are you handling the repositories which are generated from external
>> repos? I'm thinking of Outcome and ASIO.
>
> I'm not handling them in any way at the moment. But Outcome already has
> a CMakeLists.txt file, which is largely correct (it's missing a dependency on
> Boost::throw_exception and there are a few more cosmetic issues that don't
> really matter.)

I'm pretty sure Outcome *does* have a dependency on Boost::throw_exception:

1. Boost::outcome target link libraries Boost::exception with INTERFACE.

2. Boost::exception target link libraries Boost::throw_exception with
INTERFACE.

3. INTERFACE link libraries is transitive, so by describing a dependency
on Boost::exception, we are declaring a dependency on all the
dependencies of Boost::exception which includes Boost::throw_exception.

Now, you may wish every library to *directly* indicate its dependencies
for some definition of "directly". If that is the case however, then
Outcome would need to list every second and third order dependency of
its first order dependencies. That seems brittle to me.

Niall