From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-05-28 12:25:49

Andrey Semashev wrote:
> On 5/28/21 1:04 AM, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:
> > I'm adding CMakeLists.txt files (mostly generated by `boostdep --cmake
> > <libname>` to libraries that don't have one yet.
> >
> > Apologies (in advance) to all the maintainers for not going through
> > the proper procedure, but this is much easier done in bulk (and order
> > matters).
>
> If you are auto-generating CMakeLists.txt, please, make sure that the
> generated CMakeLists.txt replicate configuration checks that are performed in
> the Jamfile. For example, Boost.Log has a number of elaborate checks, which I
> don't think can be converted automatically.

The autogenerated CML is rarely 100% correct for the compiled libraries. :-)

> If this cannot be done (and you are not willing to do this manually), please,
> don't commit an incomplete CMakeLists.txt. In this case you could create an
> issue to ask the maintainer for help.

I did that manually for some of the compiled libraries (e.g. Thread, Iostreams,
Test), but things like Locale or Context are way too convoluted.

I might try my hand at Stacktrace next, as more or less tractable. :-)

Log depends on Locale, but I would have left it to you either way.