From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-05-28 14:20:51

W dniu 28.05.2021 o 00:04, Peter Dimov via Boost pisze:
> I'm adding CMakeLists.txt files (mostly generated by
> `boostdep --cmake <libname>` to libraries that don't
> have one yet.
Thanks for handling it for us. I have a few questions regarding this
change. :)

I'm curious mostly about target_link_libraries entry and dependencies.
For reference:
https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/commit/f39365963af573d962cc973ed2f33fbbcc8c4c3f

Are these libraries the direct dependencies of Geometry or are these all
of the libraries from the dependency graph?

Are we responsible for maintaining this list or is there some automatic
process in place for that?

Some of these libraries are not used directly or are optional.
Are we free to remove not used libraries from here?
If we drop a dependency can we remove it?

Should optional dependencies be listed?
I'm asking because we provide optional files for adapting e.g. Polygon
models to use them with Geometry. The same is or will be true for
Variant, Variant2 and Any. R-tree support for serialization is optional
as well and enabled with #ifdef. The extensions are optional and exists
only in develop branch. Etc.

Are these dependencies only for includes or also for tests, examples and
sources from documentation?

Regards,
Adam