From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-05-28 14:05:38

Cem Bassoy wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> I have seen this thread too late. I am maintaining boost.ublas and I needed to
> reset the current ublas/develop branch although I am very pro introducing
> CMake. Your changes included a merge of master into develop which
> contained two commits with the same code changes.

The merge just synchronized your branches so that develop was ahead of
master, instead of divergent. It resulted in no actual changes.

> I still have your changes locally if we need to apply your changes urgently. Is
> it?
>
> Right now Boost.uBlas is in a transition process where the old matrix and
> vector types and functions will be replaced by newer ones. We have already
> CMake files from a GSoC student which we are going to apply as soon as our
> transition stabilizes:
> https://github.com/BoostGSoC20/ublas/tree/feature/cmake

Your CMakeLists.txt file presumes that it's a root project, so if you adopt it as-is,
it will be incompatible with the Boost-wide CMake infrastructure. My advice
would be to adopt what I added, perhaps without the testing part at the end,
and then add the above at the end, guarded by

if(CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR STREQUAL CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR)
  # We're the root project