From: Gavin Lambert (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-06-11 07:33:22

On 11/06/2021 6:55 pm, Alexander Grund wrote:
> Of course this still allows to build your Boost::foo explicitely as
> static or shared in which case the problem is also avoided as then only
> one version of it exists anyway.

No, if you choose to build Boost::foo as static and it happens to be
used by at least two different consumers (at least one of which is
shared) that end up as part of a single final application, that's
exactly the problem case that I was talking about.

This is because that can end up with multiple copies of the library in
the same application (but in separate binaries), subject to the whims of
the platform and linker.