From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-08-05 19:42:52

On 8/5/21 12:52 AM, John Maddock via Boost wrote:
> On 05/08/2021 01:53, Andrey Semashev via Boost wrote:
>
> No need for that - we already include <version> (which is lightweight)
> and all that's needed in this case.  Both <version> and
> is_constant_evaluated are C++20, so you're very unlikely to have the
> latter without the former.

OK - it's all crystal clear now ... NOT. I don't see a consensus here.

I'm liking the idea of implementing boost::is_constant_evaluated() back
to C++11 which a default value of false if there is not compiler
support. Along with a boost config style feature macro so we'd have a
unified model.

Personally, I've never found compile times to be a big problem. I'm not
saying that there is no compile time cost - just that it doesn't seem so
much that it's been worth worrying about.

Robert Ramey