From: Дмитрий Архипов (grisumbras_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-09-06 13:09:57

A significant difference between generating a CMake config module and a .pc
file is that CMake config modules (usually) declare targets and set their
properties. .pc files contain actual flags to pass to a compiler. I've
skimmed through boost-install.jam and it appears to convert b2 properties
to CMake properties. For .pc files one would have to either pick a compiler
for a similar translation or implement some mechanism in b2 to be able to
do it for any compiler. In the latter case, most likely every compiler
toolset module would have to be updated to support that.

пн, 6 сент. 2021 г., 14:53 Andrey Semashev via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]