From: René Ferdinand Rivera Morell (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-09-06 13:57:38

On Mon, Sep 6, 2021 at 8:11 AM Дмитрий Архипов via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> A significant difference between generating a CMake config module and a .pc
> file is that CMake config modules (usually) declare targets and set their
> properties. .pc files contain actual flags to pass to a compiler. I've
> skimmed through boost-install.jam and it appears to convert b2 properties
> to CMake properties. For .pc files one would have to either pick a compiler
> for a similar translation or implement some mechanism in b2 to be able to
> do it for any compiler. In the latter case, most likely every compiler
> toolset module would have to be updated to support that.

If people are willing to add pkg-config targets to their build
specifications (could be "automated for Boost use case) it would be fairly
easy to take the usage requirements of the library target and put those in
the .pc file generated.

--
-- René Ferdinand Rivera Morell
-- Don't Assume Anything  -- No Supone Nada