From: Alex Christensen (achristensen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-10-12 17:57:35

Why did you use RFC 3986 as your specification? How do you feel about the WhatWG URL specification at https://url.spec.whatwg.org <https://url.spec.whatwg.org/>? It has a large body of tests at https://github.com/web-platform-tests/wpt/blob/master/url/resources/urltestdata.json <https://github.com/web-platform-tests/wpt/blob/master/url/resources/urltestdata.json> that you may consider looking at.

Do you have any general plan for a strategy for handling non-ASCII input? I haven’t tested it yet, but what do you plan to do if someone passes a UTF-8 encoded non-ASCII string into the constructor?