From: Дмитрий Архипов (grisumbras_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-10-19 07:57:22

В письме от вторник, 19 октября 2021 г. 08:42:15 MSK пользователь Julien Blanc
via Boost написал:
> I'm sorry but i'm gonna raise that suggestion. While I agree it does
> not solve the general use case, it looks to me like an acceptable
> solution for boost.json. IIRC boost.json is advertised as a nearly
> header-only library, where you have to include an hpp file once in your
> project. So ABI mismatch should not hold there (by the way, i just
> checked that it is the way it is packaged on my debian stable, no
> binary for json is included).
Boost.JSON is not advertised as a nearly header-only library. It's advertised
as a library that supports header-only use. By default it is still compiled as
normal. I've checked Debian Sid package search and I can see that it uses
Boost 1.74. JSON only appeared in 1.75, so that's why there's no binary on
your machine.

Looking at where the winds are blowing in this discussion, we'll have to
indeed add a string_view implementation to Json. Problems with other
approaches were already presented by Peter, so I won't repeat them. So, there
will be (at least one) new string_view in Boost, just not in Core.