From: Gavin Lambert (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-10-27 02:10:47

On 26/10/2021 08:22, Peter Dimov wrote:
> The Visual Studio 2022 (msvc-14.3) release date is Nov 8, which is right in
> the middle of our beta master freeze (Nov 3 - Nov 10). Since VS2022 is
> now RC2, which means that it won't change much if at all, we probably
> need to start testing our libraries with it now, so that the issues are ironed
> out before 1.78 beta.

This is not the first time that an MSVC release has conflicted with
Boost's release schedule -- it seems likely that Microsoft's release
date targets were chosen with similar logic to Boost's.

Would it make sense to permanently shift the Boost calendar target to
reduce the risk of future such conflicts?