From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-11-29 20:30:05

On 29/11/2021 16:29, Vinnie Falco via Boost wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 29, 2021 at 8:09 AM Oliver Kowalke via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> I think this is a misunderstanding of what boost.spawn is intended...
>
> Upon reviewing Boost.Coroutine2, Boost.Fiber, and taking another look
> at Boost.Spawn, I believe you are correct.
>
> We have a problem with not being able to deprecate Boost.Coroutine
> because of Asio. The Asio author is silent on pull requests and
> emails. Boost.Spawn appears to be a mechanism for facilitating
> progress on this matter, in a fashion similar to adding an improved
> string_view to Boost.Utility.
>
> In light of this, I endorse Boost.Spawn for review.

It seems to me unwise to create standalone libraries just to shim around
a process and coordination problem.

As an alternative, how about announcing the complete removal of
Boost.Coroutine with two major release notice (including this release)?
That should spur Boost.ASIO being upgraded to Boost.Coroutine2.

Niall