From: Andrea Bocci (andrea.bocci_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-04-06 07:38:59

On Wed, 6 Apr 2022 at 02:08, René Ferdinand Rivera Morell via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> https://www.discourse.org/

Please, do not joke about it :-(

We "decided" to switch from an old mailing list software to Discourse in
house, and after few weeks of use it seems clear that Discourse is making
all the wrong choices regarding "mailing list mode":
  - it alters the body of the message adding "fancy" images (with tracking
links)
  - it puts the recipient as the sole address in the "to" field, making it
harder to filter emails based on the recipient list
  - it uses a different reply-to email address for each "thread", making it
hard to filter emails based on that, too
  - it does not provide simple email addresses to start new threads
  - it does not keep the sender in cc or any other header, preventing one
from writing to the sender

If you were to seriously considering it, the LLVM people seem to be intent
in switching to it, and I would suggest to wait and see how that plays out
:-/

Best,
.Andrea