From: René Ferdinand Rivera Morell (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-04-06 12:04:16

On Wed, Apr 6, 2022 at 2:39 AM Andrea Bocci <andrea.bocci_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Apr 2022 at 02:08, René Ferdinand Rivera Morell via Boost <
> boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>

>> https://www.discourse.org/
>

> Please, do not joke about it :-(
>
> We "decided" to switch from an old mailing list software to Discourse in
> house, and after few weeks of use it seems clear that Discourse is making
> all the wrong choices regarding "mailing list mode":
> - it alters the body of the message adding "fancy" images (with tracking
> links)
> - it puts the recipient as the sole address in the "to" field, making it
> harder to filter emails based on the recipient list
> - it uses a different reply-to email address for each "thread", making
> it hard to filter emails based on that, too
> - it does not provide simple email addresses to start new threads
> - it does not keep the sender in cc or any other header, preventing one
> from writing to the sender
>
> If you were to seriously considering it, the LLVM people seem to be intent
> in switching to it, and I would suggest to wait and see how that plays out
> :-/

Thank you for that. Others have suggested Discourse, like for WG21, but
I've never gotten to experience it. I wasn't a fan of the web UX style at
first glance. And combined with your assessment cements my opinion against
it :-)

--
-- René Ferdinand Rivera Morell
-- Don't Assume Anything  -- No Supone Nada