From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-04-07 13:18:07

W dniu 07.04.2022 o 14:19, Dominique Devienne via Boost pisze:
> On Thu, Apr 7, 2022 at 1:41 PM Mateusz Loskot via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> On Thu, 7 Apr 2022 at 10:37, Andrey Semashev via Boost
>>> Gender has no bearing in Boost community
>> +1 I couldn't express my own thoughts on that matter better.
> If gender was such a non-issue, then we wouldn't have [affirmative
> action][1] (in general)
> or [gender-quotas-by-law][2] in our societies. Doing nothing, or
> saying there's no issue,
> is basically been "totally fine" with the "status quo". That's OT and
> I have no clue how
> such things apply to volunteer-based organizations like Boost, but
> lets be honest, the
> status quo rarely changes w/o being "challenged" a little, often my law. --DD
>
> [1] https://conseilsdejournalistes.com/en/egalite-genre/13-quest-ce-que-la-discrimination-positive/
> [2] https://www.forbes.com/sites/avivahwittenbergcox/2021/05/15/france-unanimously-votes-gender-quotas-for-executive-leadership/
The fact that some organization or a government wants to follow some
value system (religion or ideology) doesn't mean that others have to do
this as well and that the outcome would be positive in the long term.
What is being asked here is to abandon merit as the most important value
and instead to focus on equality of outcome based on immutable
characteristics instead. So I propose to stop with the nice words about
"challenging" and talk about what's really happening here.

Regards,
Adam

P.S. The parliament (unanimously) mandating something is the status quo.
Politics is downstream from culture, not the other way around.