From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-04-17 19:54:21

On 17/04/2022 19:08, John Maddock via Boost wrote:

> I've often thought, that what Boost really needs is a "janitor". The
> Janitor is someone who's qualified to mend just about anything that
> breaks, doesn't mind doing the boring jobs that no one else what's to do
> (at least not in their free time), and is willing to be told by others
> what jobs are the next priority.
Before any of that, it would be great for somebody to go through all
open issues in all boostorg libraries, see if the bug is valid, if it is
score it for priority.

Once all open issues have been triaged and priority scored, then a work
queue can be formed based on how many Boost users are negatively
affected by the issue. Publishing a "bug impact" score per library would
be super useful to aid end users not locking themselves into a
known-buggy library and then finding nobody will even look at issues
they open.

This is bread and butter stuff we've been sorely lacking for decades in
the case of some libraries. I remember doing an age-weighted ranking of
open issue count per library years ago, and it wasn't the libraries
you'd think we came out on the top.

Niall