From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-05-27 15:48:12

On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 8:32 AM Andrey Semashev via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> And how am I
> supposed to act on these warnings? Do I have to rewrite the working
> libraries according to the new style, retest everything, push the
> changes upstream?

This reasoning is correct for most warnings. The worst are warnings about
unsafe implicit conversions which get "fixed" by changing the semantics of
a correct program, by introducing an explicit cast. A better fix would be
to disable the warning in that specific spot, but there's zero demand for
compilers to make it easier to disable warnings.

So I sympathize with your position, but this war is unwinnable.