From: Rainer Deyke (rdeyke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-05-27 18:00:34

On 27.05.22 13:00, Andrey Semashev via Boost wrote:
> It *is* a useless warning. The code with NULL is explicit enough and
> portable, so what is this warning about? That the code is not
> C++11-only? I know that, and it's not up to the compiler to tell me that.

This is not a case of the compiler, on its own initiative, warning you
about the code. This is a case of the end user explicitly telling the
compiler to warn about the code, and the compiler complying with the end
user's wishes. As I understand it, this warning is not included under
-Wall or -Wextra, so it needs to be enabled individually.

I wish there were a good way to tell the compiler to limit warning to
user code and to turn them all off in libraries. If the end user wants
to enforce the use of nullptr in their code, let them, but don't let
them force that choice onto library authors.

--
Rainer Deyke (rainerd_at_[hidden])