From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-08-03 05:39:45

On Aug 2, 2022, at 7:37 AM, Nathaniel Groendyk via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to merge bugfix: https://github.com/boostorg/asio/pull/394
> which fixes: https://github.com/chriskohlhoff/asio/issues/1098
>
> However, I am not sure if this is the proper workflow for submitting
> proposed fixes (I am new to contributing to boost), but thought I would
> post it here just to bring it to attention before master is closed.
> If I am in err, could someone point me to any docs about the proper
> workflow for submitting a bugfix :)

You’ve made a good start.

You submit a PR against the develop branch of some library (ASIO, in this case). Ok, you’ve done that.
The owner of the library reviews/approves/rejects/asks for revisions of the PR. That doesn’t appear to have happened.
The PR gets merged to the ‘develop’ branch. This hasn’t happened, either.
The CI tests run. The test bots run. The results are inspected.
When the tests look good, the library owner merges the change is ‘develop’ into ‘master’, where it shows up in a release.

— Marshall