From: Seth (bugs_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-09-30 23:14:15

On Fri, Sep 30, 2022, at 5:25 AM, Klemens Morgenstern via Boost wrote:
> Is there any interest in C++ Tcl bindings?

First of all, that looks like an awesome demonstration of Boost Describe.

> I wanted to find out how far I can push boost.describe so I create C++ tcl
> binding based on it, PoC is here
> https://github.com/klemens-morgenstern/boost.tcl

Wouldn't this be excellent as a non-boost library? Tcl seems a bit far from the mainstream. Boost Python makes sense to me. A thing like Boost Lua or Boost JNI might make sense. Tcl seems to be so much more niche (perhaps it is used in specific industry?) Perhaps a more modern C++ binding should be bundled with it, instead.

Phrased as questions

 - what makes this is a good addition for Boost?
 - what are pros/cons of making it a Boost Library for adoption by Tcl users?
 - are parts applicable to Boost Python?

Seth