From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-09-30 23:40:35

On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 4:21 PM Seth via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 30, 2022, at 5:25 AM, Klemens Morgenstern via Boost wrote:
> > Is there any interest in C++ Tcl bindings?
>
> First of all, that looks like an awesome demonstration of Boost Describe.
>
> > I wanted to find out how far I can push boost.describe so I create C++
tcl
> > binding based on it, PoC is here
> > https://github.com/klemens-morgenstern/boost.tcl
>
> Wouldn't this be excellent as a non-boost library? Tcl seems a bit far
from the mainstream. Boost Python makes sense to me. A thing like Boost Lua
or Boost JNI might make sense. Tcl seems to be so much more niche (perhaps
it is used in specific industry?) Perhaps a more modern C++ binding should
be bundled with it, instead.

> Phrased as questions
>
> - what makes this is a good addition for Boost?
> - what are pros/cons of making it a Boost Library for adoption by Tcl
users?
> - are parts applicable to Boost Python?

Boost is modular, and this library in particular (if accepted) would
probably always remain a "leaf" dependency, no other Boost library will
depend on it. So I don't see a problem with it getting a Boost review,
assuming there is enough interest in the community to write reviews. If
not, so be it.