From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-10-25 00:11:17

On 10/25/22 02:46, Glen Fernandes via Boost wrote:
> We have Trac in read-only mode after we migrated to Git, but we're
> still paying for the server.
>
> Do people still want to preserve any part of the content in some way?
>
> The wiki aside, there are old issues, with comments, and some of them
> have patches attached.
>
> Peter had the idea of generating static HTML content from Trac and
> hosting that on an archive section on boost.org. (I don't know how
> difficult this is to do).
>
> Thoughts? Suggestions?

I don't think patches are relevant nowdays. I'd expect the code base to
have gone ahead quite significantly from what it was back when the
patches were created.

However, there are likely links to some Trac issues in code, docs and
commit messages. Those are useful for background, rationale and history,
and is probably the only thing of value we have in Trac. It would be
nice if we could keep those links working. Not the end of the world if
we can't, though.