From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-12-03 09:22:10

On 03/12/2022 02:02, David Sankel via Boost wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> At C++Now this year I gave a talk on the status of Boost and presented this
> graph which illustrated the trend of Boost mailing list participation.
>
> https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ocX8Dh4B98gxfXJTWOriaEU1tmJN61M4RfjUHoqLsK8/edit#slide=id.g11b878c1600_1_38
>
> I'm interested to hear your opinions as to what happened over that time
> period to cause such a trend. There's truth to the claim that this question
> is being asked of the wrong people; those who left, stopped participating,
> or would otherwise start probably have good insight. Nevertheless, I think
> it would be interesting for us to brainstorm on this.

Good question!

I do wonder how much we've all disappeared off into our own Github
silos, and discussion is now "library specific" held on each repro's
account?

I know that a lot of issues for Math/Multiprecision that would
previously have been discussed around here, are now taking place on
Github rather than here.  We may well be missing something: to pick one
example, anyone have any strong feelings on the use of Concepts within
Boost libraries: https://github.com/boostorg/math/pull/848 ?

I use this as a for-instance, not to hijack this topic BTW!

John.