From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-12-11 23:42:31

On 11/12/2022 19:20, John Maddock via Boost wrote:
> I've just heard that Paul Bristow who helped so much with the
> development of Boost.Math and indeed many other libraries, passed away
> peacefully last week.
>
> RIP Paul.  Much missed.

Well that sucks. He was about my age also with young children right? If
so, that really sucks.

I remember me and Paul diagnosing why my code ran like crap on his brand
new AMD rig many many years ago. It took weeks to figure it out, but
with much patience and laborious testing by him on his side of things we
eventually figured it out.

Not many are willing to do that I have found in my experience so far.
Maybe a handful from all over the internet in the past twenty five years
or so. Paul was a rare one.

Niall