From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-01-25 22:09:49

On 1/25/23 1:21 PM, Mateusz Loskot via Boost wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jan 2023 at 22:05, Vinnie Falco via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> In hindsight, I feel like perhaps we collectively failed the review
>> process. I think that Boost.Aedis was in fact not ready for a review
>> and it did a disservice both to the library and the author that we
>> rushed to review it.
>> [...]
>
> There review submission is not an one chance in lifetime attempt.
> If it is necessary and desired by reviewers, prospect users
> and author, and author is interested and willing to improve library,
> then nothing wrong with having re-review, and re-re-review...
>
> So, I wouldn't use words like disservice and failure
> as every cloud has a silver lining.
>
> Best regards,

FWIW - The serialization library, after much feedback and consideration
was initially rejected by Boost. This was the correct decision as it
wasn't really ready by a long shot. Me being me, this was not a cause
for dispare, but rather inspiration to re-double my efforts. The result
is the serialization library you today. This occurred around 2003. I
hope you find this bit of history helpful.

Robert Ramey