From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-01-25 23:59:24

On Wed, Jan 25, 2023 at 1:21 PM Mateusz Loskot via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> There review submission is not an one chance in lifetime attempt.
> So, I wouldn't use words like disservice and failure

I disagree. Writing a review is a significant investment of effort and
we need all the reviews we can get. It wastes reviewers' time when
they have to review the same library twice. I think everyone would
agree that when someone re-reviews a library it will not quite live up
to the same level of energy and thoughtfulness as the original review.
Some reviewers will not bother with a second review (this happens
every time, re-reviews get less engagement).

    "You never get a second chance to make a first impression."

We set prospective libraries up for success when we take time ahead of
the review for subject matter experts, stakeholders, and volunteers
who are interested in improving Boost, to "pre-review" the library and
help the author address any likely hiccups before the formal review.
To "incubate" it if you will (h/t Robert). But the sort of incubation
which more resembles a short period of focused revision guided by
experts, immediately preceding the review date.

Thanks