From: Darryl Green (darryl.green_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-01-26 07:44:07

On Thu, 26 Jan 2023, 9:59 am Vinnie Falco via Boost, <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 25, 2023 at 1:21 PM Mateusz Loskot via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > There review submission is not an one chance in lifetime attempt.
> > So, I wouldn't use words like disservice and failure
> Some reviewers will not bother with a second review (this happens
> every time, re-reviews get less engagement).
>
> "You never get a second chance to make a first impression."
> We set prospective libraries up for success when we take time ahead of
> the review for subject matter experts, stakeholders, and volunteers
> who are interested in improving Boost, to "pre-review" the library and
> help the author address any likely hiccups before the formal review.
> To "incubate"...

Thanks Mateusz, Vinnie, Marcelo and all the reviewers. I'm just a voice of
appreciation from the sidelines (of this round) for both the aedis library
and re Boost "health" in general.
Pre or not the review / reviewer effort has, I hope, helped the
author/progressed the library. Is there not potential to make the review
result a platform for gaining a "community" round the library, and when it
is ready, to submit again? Surely any such community would include many
(new) potential reviewers as well as mentors, and so provide "incubation"?
I think this review can be a success. It is not match over.

All the best
Darryl.