From: Klemens Morgenstern (klemensdavidmorgenstern_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-01-27 12:11:21

Boost.aedis is ACCEPTED with conditions.

Accept: 3 ( + 1 late one)
Conditional: 1
Reject: 4

All but one rejections asked for changes that were not fundamental to the
design, but rather were about particular implementation details or
high-level API design issues. Thus I conclude, based on the reviews, that
there is no need for another mini-review. This is also based on Marcelo's
engagement, so I am confident that many issues will be addressed in the
future .

These are the conditions

 - name it boost.redis
 - clearly document/specify the behaviour of async_exec, async_receive &
async_run, how they interact and all the edge cases (and unit test them)
 - unit tests for error handling, especially for pipes.
 - add a design discussion & FAQ page. That should mostly copy & paste from
the review discussions.
 - from_bulk & to_bulk should either us tag_invoke or be be renamed to
aedis_from_bulk or aedis_to_bulk
 - remove memory_resource usage and optimize the allocation strategy of a
request object (using new/delete), so that it ideally allocates once and
then reuses the memory

Please note that the inclusion into boost does not mean that it has to be
shipped with the next release.

I also strongly recommend development of typed commands, possibly with code
generation.
This is however not a condition and does not need to be in the first
release that's included in boost.

Another recommendation is to add some very basic explanation of redis, as
some users will read your doc before they look into redis.

I want to thank everyone who submitted reviews, especially Ruben who really
drilled down on some details and brought in his experience from MySQL.
Thank you Zach for getting the discussion started on type-safe command
access; based on the discussions I am confident that some feature like that
will be added on top of the existing APIs.

Similarly I want to thank Дмитрий, Sam & Alan, who's review helped me to
formulate the conditions.

I am also grateful for (who I think are) first time reviewers, Mohammed
Nejati, Robert Leahy, Sam Hartsfield & Miguel, and of course our boost
veterans Vinnie & Christian.

Likewise I want to thank Marcelo for all his responses to reviews and
questions and of course for all the work that went into developing aedis.

Congratulations Marcelo!