From: Gavin Lambert (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-01-31 06:30:39

On 28/01/2023 08:34, Vinnie Falco wrote:
> Greetings. I am asking if there is any interest in a Boost.Buffers
> library, which consists of the following:
>
> * ConstBuffer, MutableBuffer concepts
> * ConstBuffers, MutableBuffers concepts
> * const_buffer, mutable_buffer types
> * DynamicBuffer concept
> * `source` and `sink` abstract interfaces used to
> define the Source and Sink concepts
> * metafunctions for checking all type requirements
> * implementations of common buffers and dynamic buffers:
> - buffers_pair
> - array_of_buffers
> - circular_buffer
> - dynamic_string_buffer
> * Algorithms:
> - buffer_copy
> - buffer_size

I assume also adapters from std::span<T> and ranges thereof, since those
are the New Hotness?

I am a little hesitant in breaking this off from Asio, since as Klemens
pointed out it would be unusual to not have the header available, and
since whatever is in Asio is already somewhat-standards-adjacent with
some third party implementations already, making them _almost_
vocabulary types anyway. (Though of course "almost" compiles no code.)

(I don't know whether that makes it better or worse if your types are
identical to the ASIO ones or "improved" in some way.)